And, did my first Hole shot last night...

On the way to a gig, had my amp in the back, stopped for a coffe and a couple guys I knew were there (freezing their @sses off smoking outside) and the one I didn't know was drooling on the tC. "You drive this thing like it's supposed to be driven?"

Ooops...couldn't resist! Got to the apron, rolling about 8MPH, Clear to the left, clear to the right, made it to 65 in about 6. WOW!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'm calling Al Bore on you.

Just think of the CO2 you left behind....LOL

Ooops Al is in his HEATED POOL....

My pool is heated....by solar....when the sun shines my pool warms up...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

That's the best way to do it! Easy on the wallet...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hard on the gonads in the winter...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

More cash to be burned in the engine :)

Reply to
Coyoteboy

More cash to be 'burned' on hobbies....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You have to be at a dead stop to do a hole shot. 8)

Reply to
Danny G.

Yeah...technically...but it was the first time I ramped the car up THAT fast THAT quick since I bought it!

Reply to
Hachiroku

If Hachi had some cargo in the back that wasn't totally secured, you don't want to stand on the gas in the middle of the turn. Very Exciting (in a bad sense) or Very Expensive things happen when you do stuff like that.

I'm driving a van for work, and you have to drive like that if you want the stuff to stay on the shelves.

You ease it around the corner, float it over the gutter dip, make sure the coast is still clear, THEN you can stand on the loud pedal.

You cut it a lot closer when you spot a potential guttersnipe on your Five and closing fast.

I'm Much Bigger than you, I saw you coming, and I'm NOT lifting my foot. You are more than welcome to hit the back of that parked car up ahead if you'd like...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Well, I had it secured...sort of...

But it was still pretty exhilirating...

As I think we all know, I had a van for my amps and 'stuff' before. In all honesty, I like carrying my stuff in a hatch because there is less room to move around. We used to pack the van to keep it from shifting, but there was still room left over...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Short of a collision stuff might roll around. But the only thing my Supra can do that would make objects in the car go flying is stomping the brakes at high speed.

Do that at 120+ mph and everything and everyone not strapped down is going to eat the dashboard hard.

Reply to
Danny G.

(I don't dare drive mine over 80...)

Reply to