Any T100 Owners Here?

I just purchased a '95 Toyota T100 extended cab 4x4 pickup, for the princely sum of $2500. The seller started at $4500, but my mechanic found a couple of grand worth of needed repairs, and the seller -- a good, honest guy, just trying to sell his truck -- came down commensurately. Since it included a color-matched topper, in excellent shape, I feel like a got a fair deal.

With 189,000 miles on it, I drove it straight from the seller's to the shop, where we installed a couple of new tires, new front brakes, a timing belt, water pump, and accessory belt, to the tune of $650.

The next day I took it to the transmission shop, where a new clutch and driveshaft were the order of the day. The clutch replacement was straight-forward enough, but the rear driveshaft has proven to be a real bear.

They thought it would just require a new carrier bearing, but the tranny end was found to be egg-shaped, and non-repairable. They have since located a "used" driveshaft at a salvage yard in Kentucky, which is being Fed Ex'd here tomorrow, but it, too, may require work. We'll just have to see.

Either way, I'll end up with a great truck (absolutely no rust, even on the frame -- remarkable in the Midwest) for less than $4500, which I think is about as good as it's going to get.

I've done a few web searches, and found that the T100 has something of of a "cult" following amongst 4-wheelers. Can anyone clue me in on the strengths and weaknesses of the line?

Thanks,

-- Jay Honeck Iowa City, IA '95 T100

"Your Aviation Destination"

Reply to
Jay Honeck

try alt.autos.toyota.trucks

Reply to
Wolfgang

Well, duh! I didn't know there was such a group.

Thanks!

-- Jay Honeck Iowa City, IA

"Your Aviation Destination"

Reply to
Jay Honeck

Well, duh! I didn't know there was such a group.

Thanks!

-- Jay Honeck Iowa City, IA

"Your Aviation Destination"

Reply to
Jay Honeck

Well, duh! I didn't know there was such a group.

Thanks!

-- Jay Honeck Iowa City, IA

"Your Aviation Destination"

Reply to
Jay Honeck

I think it was "Jay Honeck" who stated:

"Stop SAYING that!"

(I'll give extra credit to the first person who knows what movie that line is from . . . and who said it.)

Reply to
Don Fearn

Dang stupid GoogleGroups. Every now and then they have this glitch that makes it LOOK like the message didn't go through, but it really did... But you can't really tell, so you try again...

Sorry!

-- Jay Honeck Iowa City, IA

"Your Aviation Destination"

Reply to
Jay Honeck

I think it was "Jay Honeck" who stated:

I figured that, but I couldn't resist 'cause it's one of my favorite movie lines and you left such a good opportunity!

Reply to
Don Fearn