Anyone know the name of the charity...

...that pays cash AND a tax write off for your vehicle? Or some other worthy charity (In California)?

It's time to put the truck out to pasture :(

TIA

noneyabusiness

A lot of them are looking for 91 and newer, and it has to be in running condition and I think able to pass inspection. The American Cancer Society takes in cars, and a lot of Welfare type organizations do, too. But they can sometimes be fussy as to what they want.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think the Alzheimers Association does this. Isn't the right off amount something like $750.?

Reply to
ravelation

How would you get a tax write off for the vehicle if you got cash for it?

Reply to
Ray O

The radio/TV ads imply partial value of the vehicle paid in cash, the rest as a tax write off. Since I don't remember / can't find out the name of this charity, I'm still in the dark myself. I may end up just selling it to a "junk" yard ...

noneyabusiness