ATF color question - Matrix/Corolla

I drained and refilled the ATF on my Matrix this weekend at 48K miles. It was the second such procedure, I did the first at 16K. I didn't notice any unusual odor, but the color was more like purple grape juice than the normal "Hawaiian punch" red of new ATF. The car has been running and shifting fine. Anything to be concerned about?

Reply to
Mark

If I were you I would take it to a dealer right away and have it checked, it should not be purple grape juice

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

If it smells fine, then you have nothing to worry about. That is the normal color for used Type T-IV transmission fluid. It's not the same color or smell as the bright red Dexron II you are used to. Just make sure you fill it back with the right kind of fluid.

Reply to
qslim

DO NOT use Dextron III --- the red stuff! New Toyota's use a different fluid. If you did use Dextron --- get it power flushed immediately by the dealer! This could be a costly mistake down the road.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Kudos to you then for handling your own stuff...

Reply to
qslim