Automatic headlights

My 96 Toyota Corona (AT211) has an automatic setting for the headlights, can anyone tell me how to adjust this.

All I can find in my drivers handbook is that it is possible and to take it to a Toyota service agent.

Reply to
Fantom

For starters make sure it is clean and that the windshield above it is not obstructed (with a decal of some kind)

Reply to
Lou

Reply to
anon

Your advice is good. Unfortunately, some jurisdictions require that their officially issued stickers be placed on the windscreen exactly where the owner's manual warns you not to put them.

The adjustment procedure for some cars involves simply rotating the protective disk that covers the sensor. I do NOT know if that is Toyota's scheme for any of its models. If you decide to try rotating the disk on your car, mark its starting position so you can return it to factory-spec later.

Brent "An expert is only a damned fool a long way from home." -- Carl Sandburg in "The People, Yes"

Reply to
Brent