Automotive value??

I thot my xB would be #1! But I guess #3 means it'll try even harder!!

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

How can you ask more for a USED car than a NEW car?

Hachiroku

Going to be very difficult to displace the MINI - the new(2007) model is going to be even more popular than the 2001 - 2006 model - and those will continue to be desirable for modders and others looking for something a little classier than the run of the mill econobox.

Jack G

2004 Highlander 2006 MINI Cooper S (not stock!)
Reply to
Jack G

Happens all the time in the MINI world - people load them up with aftermarket stuff and then expect to get their money back - except for the JCW works package it doesn't work out very well.

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

it was explained to me by a scion salesman that scion has really strict standards regarding vehicles taken in trade. IE: they wont take your "upside down" car and add what you owe to the price of a new scion.

however... if the scion is used, it gets sold through *toyotas* used car sales dept, which has lower standards and will take upside-down trades.

and since a lot of people are upside down and want a more efficient car, theyre willing to buy a used scion and dump their upside down car.

Reply to
SoCalMike

I had a feeling it had to do with the 'fixed' prices of Scions. But, my thought was that there is more demand (esp for the tC) than supply right now.

Comparatively, I got a bargain on mine. It had 11,775 when I bought it mid-September, and now has 13200 on it. According to KBB, it's worth $19,000! I like that!

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL! I was a Used Car Salesman! "Does it have 4 tires? Does it have an exhaust? Does it have a radio?"

UCD's don't care WHAT 'extras' you put on a car. Is it a car and somewhat near what the factory made? Good. Here's your NADA price!

Some guys would get mad. Oh, well. No one TOLD you to put $15,000 worth of aftermarket accessories on it! Take them off and sell them on E-Bay, and put the original stuff back on, cause that's all it's worth to me!

Reply to
Hachiroku

the rule of thumb is to take all those mods and *subtract* it from the value a "stock" car is worth.

before i sold my civic hatch, i took out the blaupunkt head unit and changer, sold em on ebay and replaced it with a stock honda head unit.

Reply to
SoCalMike

Yeah. For some reason, all are in agreement that the Stock radio is worth more than ANY aftermarket unit! I used to just discard or give away my stock radios, but now I keep them, for this reason and for the reason I buy decent radios and want them BACK when I trade the car!

Reply to
Hachiroku