Avalon Cabin Air Filter

Where is the cabin air filter located on 2002 Avalon. Also any special instructions for replacing?

Thanks!!

Reply to
gantone1

I'm not sure if the 2002 Avalon has a cabin air filter, but if there is one, it is probably behind the glove compartment. Open the glove compartment and squeeze the back left and right corners so that the glove compartment opens completely. The cabin air filter should be visible behind the glove box.

Reply to
Ray O

The filter comes with instructions. Also check your car manual. On my 2001 it was under the glovebox.

Reply to
Art

OOPS - We had an 02 Avalon and the instructions were there like Art says. BUT, in ours it required taking out about a half a dozen screws around the glove box and a small bolt on the right side - then slip glove box out box out. It isn't as bad as it sounds - actual filter replacement might have been 2 or 3 minutes!.

We had a 98 Avalon, have an 02 Highlander and an 05 Avalon and all of them are essentially like Ray says.

FWIW, I just changed them and they are each $29.95 at dealer - much cheaper on line but the 05 hard to find.

Ron in Ca

Reply to
Ron