Avalon Questions

Hello,

Thinking about purchasing a new 2009 Avalon.

I realize this is trul subjective, but for you Avalon owners, would you purchase another one ?

What do you like best about it:

- reliability, etc ?

I guess I should ask this also: what Don't you like about it ?

Thgink it's worth the extra $ over the Accord or Camry, perhaps ?

Any thoughts and opinions would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

This will not apply to your question directly, because my Avalon is a 2003, with almost 60K miles. It has been the most bulletproof, splendid running automobile I've owned, with only one trip to the dealership, when someone (not me!) failed to tighten the gas cap and it showed a trouble code. A very trouble-free car, with no indications of trouble down the road. My only gripe is the odometer, which is (for some odd reason) not part of the speedo cluster, but off by itself toward the center of the dash. It's tiny and one cannot read it in daylight without stopping the car and glaring at it at close range. It's visible at night (slightly) with the dash lights on. Otherwise, I'd recommend it highly....I understand it even has a Lexus transmission. You can drive it 500 miles in a day and go out dancing that night, in stark contrast with most cars. But a later or new model? I dunno...I think it's certainly worth a test drive to compare to a Camry however. I think it would prove vastly superior.

I should add that my Avalon was an ex-rental from Hertz with 28K miles when I bought it, and the purchase price was about the same as a brand new Camry at the time.

Reply to
mack

Have a 2008 Avalon. Not too many miles on it yet but to date it drives and operates like a dream. Good gas mileage. Some minor irritations----As noted in another post, the odometer is extremely difficult (almost impossible) to read in daylight. Another mystery and pain in the A** is the recirc system. Almost every time I turn on the engine the recirc light is on--haven't figured out why yet--maybe it's because I have the temp set to Lo most of the time. Will experiment with the temp setting to see if that is the case. Another pain is if I have "Auto On"--AC on and the recirc light On. Pushing the Auto button did not take the system off Auto. Pushing the AC button did not shut off the AC. To get out of all of this I have to use the OFF button. Somewhere, manual or otherwise, there are explanations for all this. It is a nice car. MLD

Reply to
MLD