Avalon radio problems

I searched through all of the postings here and didn't see a similar problem, but maybe someone has seen this before. I have two Avalons that both have what is probably the same radio problem. The 96 model has very weak sound in the back speakers. The 99 model has no sound from the right rear and extremely weak sound from the left rear. Would this indicate a loose connector in the back of the radio, or are there other possible culprits?

Thanks for any helpful ideas.

Reply to
Bill Golden

Possibilities are a loose connector at the back of the radio, balance/fade set to the front, poor ground somewhere, and torn speaker cones.

Reply to
Ray O

If you are in the hotter parts of the country and park outside speakers tend to crap out.

If I was planning on keeping them (Avalon's) I would do some calling to the stereo shops and replace the speakers - these young guys (well, most of um) are whizzes at fixing faults.

Reply to
ron