Avian onslaught

Sometimes when the birds bomb my car, as a quick fix, I'll just use a gas station's window washer fluid and squigee to clean the droppings off the paint, while filling up.

The blue window washer fluid provided by gas stations often contains water and methyl alcohol as the sole ingredients. Do you think it's safe to use on the paint and clear coat?

Thanks.

Reply to
Built_Well

Sometimes when the birds bomb the car, as a quick fix, I'll just use a gas station's window washer fluid and squigee to clean the droppings off the paint, while filling up.

The blue window washer fluid provided by gas stations often contains water and methyl alcohol as the sole ingredients. Do you think it's safe to use on the paint and clear coat?

Thanks.

Reply to
Built_Well

Sometimes when the birds bomb the car, as a quick fix, I'll just use a gas station's window washer fluid and squigee to clean the droppings off the paint, while filling up.

The blue window washer fluid provided by gas stations often contains water and methyl alcohol as the sole ingredients. Do you think it's safe to use on the paint and clear coat?

Thanks.

Reply to
Built_Well

Oops, sorry for the double-posting. It's been a while.

Reply to
Built_Well

Whoops, it's been a while since I've done this. And it's really late at night.

Reply to
Built_Well

There's some sort of detergent in there as well. That's where the foam comes from.

Well, considering that the stuff has to go somewhere when you squeegee it off of your windshield, and that "somewhere" is typically the sides of your car, I wouldn't worry about it. If the stuff were harmful to paint, you can bet your fundament and fedora that we'd have seen a class-action suit long before now.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Thank you Geoff. I guess I'll keep on using the gas station's windshield fluid and squeegie to remove the birds' generous donations. The poor Camry gets bombed at least once every day or two days.

If that washer fluid won't hurt the paint and clear coat, will it affect the wax at all? I've taken to using Hachiroku's Meguiar's Number 26 (Thanks Hachi for the recommendation).

I dunno. Maybe the birds are telling us to stop polluting their air? They hit my car several times a week.

Reply to
Built_Well

Maybe the birds are hitting my car 4 or 5 times a week because of avian flu? Maybe the birds are saying, ""Thanks a lot humans for starting that world-wide plague in our poultry cousins who are languishing in your over-crowded concentration camps--thank you humans!!"

Well, personally, I don't have too many qualms about eating birds--after all, birds eat worms, right? But I do think the birds make a strong point when they protest against the overcrowded and dirty chicken factories--so dense and filthy, the avian Bubonic plague appears to have started there.

That's why they're bombarding our cars! They are pissed. Let's hope the plague doesn't begin to take a big toll on humans in future years. Kinda scary, though. Who knows what could happen. Is "Henry Ford The Second" running those chicken coups or what?

I'm sad to say there are a whole lotta humans guilty of crimes against Avianity. I'm serious when I say trials should be convened. Globally spreading disease is serious doo-doo.

Reply to
Built_Well