Battery Post Cleaning

Hey,

FYI, mixed 6 tablespoons of baking soda in 4 cups of water and cleaned my battery post terminals. Just thought I would share. It worked flawlessly. Ate the acid right off. Used an old toothbrush and cleaned up the entire battery including the posts and outside casing.

Works great, usually the stuff to do it is at home, and it's pretty much free.

Good luck!

Reply to
mrsteveo

Usually that does the trick.

Occasionally you will run up against some really old and hard acid build up that the baking soda won't dissolve. Someone recently turned me on to soaking those parts in Coca-Cola? - leave it overnight, and it will remove it to bare metal and not damage the metal. I tried it and it worked exactly as described. When you're done, rinse with a solution of baking soda and then with plain water. Will leave slightly basic - which is good. Metal is least corroded in slightly basic.

Bill Putney

Then coat them with dielectric grease to keep them from corroding all over again!

Reply to
hachiroku