Beeper location for 2002 Camry LE V6

The beeping device for my car lock (one beep) and unlock (two beeps) no longer works. Can anyone tell me where this is located?

Reply to
john5902

MarvinShos via CarKB.com

If it was installed before you bought it, is should be in the engine compartment towards the firewall on the driver side (if I remember correctly). The piezo is about the size of a film canister and it should be wrapped with foam tape.

Reply to
qslim

I think it's called the "combination meter" (warning buzzer) located behind the instrument panel directly in front of the steering column. You may want to make sure it doesn't work for sure by inserting the key in the ignition, with the drivers door closed, turn it to "ACC", then open the drivers door and it should buzz intermittently. If that does occur, you need to troubleshoot the system. Do the hazard warning lights flash normally while locking or unlocking?

Reply to
user