Best Car Wash/Wax Product?

Hello,

I have a Toyota Camry, and am interested in the best car wash and wax product available. Are they all the same? Are any real good products available at local stores, such as Wal-Mart or Target?

Thanks Sam

Reply to
samadams_2006

I think that most car wash products are very similar. I like Turtle Wax's product that supposedly washes and waxes at the same time. I doubt if the wax offers any real protection, but at least it doesn't wash the wax off.

I like Meguiar's wax. Zymoil is supposed to be good but I do not have any personal experience with it.

Reply to
Ray O

Here's Consumer Reports' July 2006 review results:

I can't find anything newer. Waxes with bad scores for scratching and hazing are the most abrasive, so you may want to avoid them. Also notice that the liquid and paste versions of the same product can be very different. For example, NuFinish liquid was among the least abrasive, while NuFinish paste was among the most abrasive.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I also like Meguairs liquid and use their spray "detailer" also. Usually do twice a year but especially in fall if I'm lazy (as usual)

Ron in Idaho

Reply to
ron

I've used Turtle's wash and wax for years. Great product. I'm sure if my clear coat is damaged a regular wax wouldn't have helped. I drive in winter on some sanded and graveled roads. I keep my cars for about 10 years and the finish still looks lovely. BTW my cars are garaged, makes a huge difference.

Reply to
Some O

Zaino:

B~