Bilstein 4600 shocks on 98 Toyota Tacoma TRD

My 1998 Toyota Tacoma 4wd TRD Xtracab did not come with Bilsteins so I boug ht a pair for the front from AutoZone. The shocks did not come with bushin gs or hardware so I went back to AutoZone and they gave me some out of a bo x of Gabriels. The shocks were longer than the original Toyota shocks so t he mechanic had to put a third bushing in to make them fit. I contacted Bi lstein and they said that the shocks I have are the right shocks. They did not have an excuse for not providing the bushings and said in effect that if I do not like it, I can return the shocks to AutoZone. I decided to post this to the forum so people will know that the Bilstein s hocks don't have the bushings supplied with them and are longer than the or iginal Toyota shocks.

Reply to
sundmatthew

ught a pair for the front from AutoZone. The shocks did not come with bush ings or hardware so I went back to AutoZone and they gave me some out of a box of Gabriels. The shocks were longer than the original Toyota shocks so the mechanic had to put a third bushing in to make them fit. I contacted Bilstein and they said that the shocks I have are the right shocks. They d id not have an excuse for not providing the bushings and said in effect tha t if I do not like it, I can return the shocks to AutoZone.

shocks don't have the bushings supplied with them and are longer than the original Toyota shocks.

Auto zone sucks.

Reply to
In2dadark