Blinker Blinks At Double Speed

My front and rear left directionals sometimes blink at double the usual speed. Can you tell me what this means?

Thanks!

Reply to
Michael

First guess there are bad lamps, second is that there is a electical connection problem in the assembly. Been through rain or snow lately?

Reply to
NotMe

Double speed blinkers are meant to be an indicatin you you have a burned out bulb. If all your bulbs seem to be OK, then likely it is becasue of excessive resistance in some part of circut for the lights that are blinking at double speed. I'd suggest replacing the bulbs (be sure to get the correct ones) and while you are replacing the bulbs take a good look at the bulb sockets and make sure their is no corrosion. If the problem still persists, you'll have to start looking at other parts of the system for problems.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

It means there is a bulb out someplace on the side that blinks fast. Turn the blinkers on on one side, look at all of the blinking lights. Turn the blinkers on on the other side and look for a light from the first side that does not blink on the second side.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Bulb is burned out.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Thanks. I'll check out all your suggestions.

Reply to
Michael