BRAKE QUESTION -- Not Toyota, but general physics applies

I bought a new set of brake rotors for my car. For an extra $25 for the entire set, I got rotors that are slotted and cross drilled, and nickle plated -- hopefully to prevent rusting on the portions that are not friction surfaces.

What is the correct orientation of the slots?

Obviously, slotted and drilled rotors are directional, but there are no directions included in the packaging on how to identify left and right side rotors. If the vent vanes were curved, then the direction could be easily figured out, but the vents are straight, so the vents themselves do not determine proper orientation.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Go to

and click on one of the models, then navigate your way to the "performance braking" link to see how the slots are oriented.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You're welcome! A picture shows things a lot more clearly than I could explain with words.

Reply to
Ray O