braking sound on my Camry

I'm hearing braking sound on my 2000 Camry CE. Let's say it's the pads that are wearing down and need to be replaced, how much does they cost? Thanks.

Reply to
John

Take it to a few mechanics and ask them. We can't tell what a "braking sound" is or what the problem is. The mechanics who look at the car can also tell you what the problem is and give you and estimate of what it will cost to fix the car.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

If you have a shop do a complete brake job (new pads, resurface or new rotors, bleed and so on) around here (Tucson, Az) you would pay around $250. I would recommend that you stay away from $99 specials at BrakeMax and others as in my experience, they do a poor job. Good luck. jor

Reply to
jor

Describe the sound.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The sound of something breaking.... Hmmm.

Reply to
Tomes

If it is the brakes, the sound may be the sound of sheetmetal bending as he crashes into the car in front of him if he doesn't get it fixed. You can hear that sound on Sunday on ESPN & ABC during the NASCAR and Indy races.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

It cost this (holds hand's apart) much! [$$$$$$$$$]

Reply to
Danny G.

Sounds are difficult to diagnose without hearing them first hand. If you are hearing a squealing sound, that is probably the wear indicators touching the rotors. If you are hearing a grinding or rubbing sound, then the pad backing plates may be touching the rotors.

I recommend OEM brake pads and rotors if necessary, and also avoid machining the rotors.

Reply to
Ray O