Brand and/or vendor recommended for Toyota fan clutch

Given the descriptions I've seen here of how a fan clutch is supposed to behave, I suspect the lifetime warranty unit I got from Autozone and its replacement aren't doing it. Who do you recommend buying from to get one thats definitely good? Either online or over the counter - I'm in Central Florida.

What's the quality likely to be on one gotten from Toyota?

Reply to
HiC

If it has a lifetime warranty, why not return it to Autozone? they won't bite.

Reply to
mack

I can return it, but they're just going to exchange it for another one. The issue is the basic quality of their units.

Reply to
HiC

Isn't that better than trashing the fan you have and starting out from zero again? You may have gotten the odd bummer unit.

Reply to
mack

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! Check this out!

I paid $62 for mine, and used a $20 bonus to boot! So I paid $82!!!! It was the only one they could get.

What the heLK is this $40 unit?!?!?!

Here:

Ask for Jeff Watson, tell him you're a member of SUPRAS.COM (as a matter of fact, JOIN! There's lots of expertise there! If you can create an e-mail account just for SUPRAS.COM, do so...your mailbox will fill up QUICK!)

As Jeff if he can give you the 'club' or wholesale price. He'll do his best.

Or, check Jaffarian's,

They will match or often beat any price online you can find. For some reason, I couldn't get an OEM price from any of the dealers...it kept giving me a server error. They all use the same server but with their own pricing.

Either one of these two would be a good bet. I get parts from both of them all the time.

Reply to
Hachiroku