Buying a 2007 demonstrator

Any idea what a demonstrator (Toyota Yaris 2007, 2000 miles) should go for if the new 2008 models are selling for an MSRP of $15,000 and Toyota sells new models for close to MSRP.

Reply to
don

I thought Toyota sells cars at or below invoice (with kickbacks) to Toyota dealers.

I would think around $1000 below the cost of a 2007 non-demo.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I'm not sure if there is a specific classification for "demonstrator" in any value listings. I can't remember seeing one. I have only seen make, model, options, mileage, and general condition of the vehicle. You might want to ask if there is a full vehicle FACTORY warranty, and if it applies from the mileage now or something other. Ask a lot of questions, such as, "is this a demonstrator from new at your dealership only"? You are essentially buying a used car. Just a thought. Good luck!

Reply to
user

Check KBB and Edmunds for the price of a USED car, with the options and miles of the specific car you are considering.

Even though the car hasn't been registered, a demo is still used.

Reply to
B A R R Y

There are factory demos (like my old company cars) and dealer demos. The warranty on a demo is the remaining warranty from the date of first use and any remaining mileage.

Reply to
Ray O

Hi Ray

Do you know of any dealerships that take in a previously owned vehicle or demo from another dealership and sell them as demos from their dealership, implying that the car was new and only used at their dealership as a demo, not telling the prospective buyer that it had been a demo or loaner somewhere else before they got it? They could just do a dealer trade and I don't think that it would ever show any changing of hands on a title or paper trail that a buyer could find or follow. Hope you had a good time in Maine.

Reply to
user

Demos have never been titled so they are supposed to have a Monroney Label (window sticker) affixed to the window. The Monroney Label shows the name of the dealer that was invoiced for the vehicle.

Reply to
Ray O