California Lexus Dealer Transmission Fix

Thought the group might get a kick out of this one. My brother lives in California and came to visit me in Tucson recently. He mentioned that the SES light on his 97 Lexus was on. We put my gizmo on it and it displayed a code indicating a specific transmission sensor. We did a little research and it looked like the sensor itself was maybe $150 or so and the labor another three to four hundred. Anyhow, we turned the light off and he headed home.

When he got there, he called the local Lexus dealer. He explained to the service rep what the problem was and asked for an estimate. The service rep consulted with the technician and called my brother back. He said, "I spoke with my technician; you need a new transmission." Yikes! Anyhow, he went elsewhere and had it fixed for a shade over five hundred bucks. jor

Reply to
jor