Camry squeaks when braking after rain

My 2000 Carmy (4-Cylinder) would squeak a little when braking after rain. It's obvious that the brakes becomes a little rusty after rain. This happened after I left my car at a local garage shop for two hours. So right away I'm thinking if they did something stupid or ileggal with the brake.

The front brake rotors was replaced with brand new Toyota parts at a Toyota dealer when it squeaked last time about two years ago. They worked fine and never squeaked after either rain or snow in the past. So I'm thinking, could the guy at the shop take mine and replace them with something inferior. At this point, is there anything that I can do to make sure that the brake rotors are what they were?

If I take my car back to the dealer, which is at another state, would they be able to know if the rotors are what they put on two years ago?

I'm sorry for not trusting others in this case.

Reply to
Dan

You'll get a little rust on the rotors after rain. Nowadays, the pads tend to be "harder" not the soft abestos based they used to be. For a couple of applications of the brakes they may squeal a bit as the rust is "polished" off. No big deal.

In other words, forget about it.

Reply to
timbirr

A little surface rust on the rotors is normal under humid conditions.

I doubt if the garage would go through the trouble to take or steal used rotors or pads. They would have to put some kind or replacement part on, and the value of used parts, OEM or not, is not enough to make it worth investing in the labor to take them.

They can only make a guess and they can tell if the rotors are OEM or aftermarket.

If you have drum brakes in the rear, they may need to be cleaned.

Reply to
Ray O