Can the oil pan on a Supra 7M - GTE be removed without taking the motor out?

I have to change the oil pum on my 88 Supra can it be done without taking the motor out? i started to remove stuff under the car but looking at it i dont think it can be done without removing the motor almos all the way out. Can it be done?? thanks spawn51

Reply to
spawn51

Well sorta. You've got to lift it a little and you've got to take the rack&pinion assy loose and drop it (don't need to break the lines).

Then you need to loosen the bolts that hold the oil pump in place. Then it'll come out. It _IS_ easier to just lift out the engine and do it while the engine/tranny is hanging on the hook.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Yes, but the engine will need to be elevated some.

Reply to
Liberals=Angry Losers!