Cant decide between Quest, Sienna, Oddesy

Hi Jack,

If you would drive the Toyota Sienna the same way you drive the Nissan Quest which one would last longer?

Thanks for your experience sharing, E.

Reply to
Erina Mashes

Hi,

Is the Nissan Quest considered a more "fun car"? What makes a car (or minivan) to be more fun?

Thanks for all your insights. I appreciate it all!

regards, E.

Reply to
Erina Mashes

"> Four wheel disc brakes are standard with the XLE, not LE however.

Actually, they are only standard on the XLE LIMITED (the $Top-of-the-Line$ Sienna).

And with AWD -- whether on the LE or XLE standard -- you also get Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control in addition to the rear disc brakes.

Reply to
Private Person

Hi

Besides not being able to get an AWD with my need for rather 8 seats than 7 seats, I've learned around here that AWD needs more maintenance or more expencive maintenance, and being in the coty for winter I wont miss out much on better driving with AWD vs FWD. Our present Buick LeSabra drove so beautifully in the snow no matter how big the snow was (in the city). Getting in and out of jammed parking spaces. AMAZINGLY easy!

regards, E.

Reply to
Erina Mashes

Private Person,

I have read that the Honda Oddesy takes a plywood, but a toyota can only take it after its being lifted up 8 inches.

Reply to
Erina Mashes

Ray,

Now that I am learning I wonder whats the difference between 16 wheel and

17 inch being included when buying an AWD vs FWD? And why does the AWD need it more that the FWD? What would one gain getting 17 inch? Can a FWD take a 17 inch wheel or will ruin the car?

thanks again, E.

Reply to
Erina Mashes

Hi

We have a neighbor who got a Chrysler minivan just 3 years ago and its falling apart. While our Buick LeSabre manufactored in 1995 and in still full tact, running great with 142,000+ on it. Thats why we were looking on the Buick Terrazza(sp?), but the local leasing company told us that the Busick RonDayVoo (sorry I dont know the full correct spelling) is only trouble. He said that Honda and Toyota are the best out there.

Thanks again!, Erina

----- Original Message ----- From: "Imminent Vengeance" Newsgroups: alt.autos.toyota Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 1:16 PM Subject: Re: Cant decide between Quest, Sienna, Oddesy

Reply to
Erina Mashes

Truthfully, I've never ever driven a Quest, but I do own a 2004 Sienna and It is very quick, I can lay a patch of rubber on a dry street if I want, but I don't unless some smart ass wants to drag and there are no cops around. I suggest you go and test drive both then make a choice. I'm sure the Quest is a very fine van also. It just comes down to what YOU like and not what others like. There is a web site called the Sienna Club, (do a google) and it has a wealth of information regarding the Toyota Sienna. There also may be a web site for the Quest, but I don't know for sure. I do know there is one for the Honda van, it's called the OdyClub, (again do a google). Lots of information out there, much better than here. Good luck.

Reply to
Dbu,''

Toyota has a better reputation for reliability, while Nissan's reliability has allegedly gone downhill in recent years. That's reason enough to choose the Sienna over the Quest.

Reply to
S.S.

Seems to me taking 17" will indeed "hurt" LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
MikeHunt2

S.S.,

Thanks for this very strong point about R&R. Its true that if their reliabilty and reputation is not as good then we should stay away from their product.

Thanks alot!

Reply to
Erina Mashes

A difference you may not have noticed is the turning circle radius. These beasties (mnivans) are hard enough to park even when given a decent turning capability. The Sienna has an edge here. That's not enough to say "buy this" or "don't buy that" but it's a factor you're going to notice every time you park the car.

Reply to
dh

Note that the 17" OEM wheels are 1/2" wider than the 16" wheels.

In any case, there are no wheel-well differences between the FWD and the AWD.

The wheels are interchangeable.. except for a difference in speedo accuracy due to height differences.

Reply to
Private Person

The only real AWD maintenance difference is in checking/changing the rear diff. oil as appropriate... the same with all AWD/4WD vehicles.

Obviously, the traction and stability electronics exist in the AWD that are not in the FWD. And if either system went out, that would be expensive. But not any more expensive that any other vehicle with electronic stability, ABS and traction options. I would also much rather deal with rear disc brakes on the AWD than rear drums on the FWD Sienna.

Reply to
Private Person