Car dealerships and hidden charges

Apparently there has been an issue with car dealerships adding hidden charges to inflate the standard DMV registration fees. There are a number of various charges that are suspected of inflating the various fees paid for newly purchased or leased cars. If you check out

there is more information on this and what you can do about it. There is also a free case evaluation for those who suspect they might have been subject to this. I hope this may be of help to some.

kr0

Reply to
kr0

Gee - it's a good thing that nobody every has to worry about getting ripped off by a web site that offers thousands or millions of dollars in easy money with just a teensy weency bit up front money or cable TV decoders or meds with an on line doctor's approval or ...

Reply to
Ray O

Looks like the shark lawyers are looking for your help in earning them a few more million dollars.

The fact is, it is illegal in every state to charge MORE than the actual fees to register a vehicle, obtain a license plate, issue or transfer a title, record the title lien, etc., or to obtain any duplicate or replacement for any of the above. In most states it is also illegal to charge more than a specified amount, say $50 or $75, to complete the forms required by the government entity when purchasing a vehicle. If you suspect your were overcharged by a dealership, simply notice the DMV or it equivalent. As to how much a dealership chooses to mark up a dealer install option, it a matter of buyer beware, not illegal. If you believe that $15 accent stripe on your Toyota is worth $195 because you believe Toyota uses better tape that is your dumb fault.

mike hunt

Kr wrote:

hidden

Reply to
BenDover

I just checked out their web site and filled in all blanks with #*@%& so they can have a stong case. I encourage you all do the same thing if you are bored.

Reply to
Guy

YEah...class actions...gotta love 'em. The only CA I was involved in was for a cell phone insurance plan; I actually declined,but since I had used their services after dropping my nice PDA phone I was automatically included in the settlement...a voucher for $7.50 towards my 'premium'. I'm sure the lawyers probably split $3-4Mil...Thanks!

Reply to
hachiroku

Wow, this guy is moving around.

later,