Car keeps chuggin when shut off.. whats the problem?

My car keeps trying too chug and run when I shut er down.. its pretty annoying when i have too drop the clutch to get it too stop.. whats the problem there? need some carb cleaner and run some good gas through it for a couple cycles or what?

1989 toyota corolla
Reply to
timmah

Good gas is always good. Also, check the timing, and when did you replaced the plugs and wires?

Techron is a good thing also. Run some decent gas and get a bottle of Techron per tank for 2-4 tanks. That, a tune up (although I've had cars do it right after being tuned! It's mostly carbon deposits on the tops of the cylinders...) should solve this.

Reply to
Hachiroku

My original 1982 Tercel with a carburetor had a dieseling problem once. I put some highway miles on it to blow out the carbon, and the problem corrected itself. But that was a long time ago.

Reply to
homepc