CD player skip

Greetings,

Searched for CD skip and CD skipping but didn't find any recent posts. We have a 2000 Celica with a CD player that is skipping more and more. Tried blowing it out from front edge. Maybe a can of air with a snorkel would work better. Would be helpful to know the track of the reader head.

Thanks,

gtb

Reply to
gtb

Thanks for posting. Where did you apply the blast of air, front, back, left, right side?

gtb

Reply to
gtb

My daughter just had the same problem on her '00 Mitsu. Canned air with the tube did the trick.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Maxell makes a cleaning disk that works nicely. Do NOT blow air into the CD player. By the way, are you trying to play CDs you burned yourself, or are they all store bought CDs?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I stuck the tube in one side of the CD slot and just sprayed as I worked it across. Back and forth 1X did the trick. It's been several months and it's still OK or I would have heard.

Reply to
NickySantoro