Certified Mechanics/ Technicians

I am with a staffing agency that runs a technical service hotline to help dealership techs solve difficult issues. We need to locate interested techs with certifications to work on the hotline, do any of you have suggestions of nontraditional ways to find expereinced techs? Any input would be greatly appreciated or if you know someone that would be interested in this type of opportunity feel free to contact me.

Rob Fleischhauer snipped-for-privacy@tacworldwide.com

800-359-2466 Ext:4512
Reply to
rfleischh

I see several challenges to the concept.

I think it will be difficult to get dealers to pay for hotline access or use because automakers do not charge their dealerships to access the automaker's hotline. In other words, why pay for third party help if they can get it straight from the factory for free?

The information available to third party hotlines cannot be as current as the information available to automakers' technical service departments.

I saw from your web site that you are looking for experienced, certified technicians, which most dealerships already employ. If you are going to sell advice to dealerships, the person providing the expertise has to be even higher than a certified tech, i.e. baccalaureate, masters, or higher degree in automotive technology.

the people who are best at that job will go work for an automaker unless you offer comparable or better pay and benefits, i.e, new company car every year, low cost employee leases for spouse and family, new and used car purchase plan, full health insurance for family, life insurance, 401k, education reimbursement, dental and vision plans, etc.

Reply to
Ray O

This opportunity is not third party and is in representation od a Major OEM to support the service they provide to the dealerships. We offer everything that you mentioned as well as the opportunity to work for a major automaker. Finding a technician positions within Ford, DCX, Honda, etc is easier said than done. This is not a concept it is actual positions available immediately.

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
rfleischh

That makes a lot more sense! Any other positions besides Ford, DCX, and Honda?

Reply to
Ray O