Change Auto Trans fluid

I just changed my auto trans fluids last 2 weeks, but it turns black again for that short time, someone told me I didn't completely flush the old fluid, how can I do this? I have already drain all the fluid, and change the gears from P to L while flushing, what else should I need to do?

Thanks Sam

Reply to
Samuel Leung

Do the draining several times. There is much more fluid in there than comes out in one draining. Only a flushing will get it all out.

Reply to
badgolferman

It will take several drains and refills to completely change the fluid. I do not recommend a power flush that is offered by some service facilities if the fluid has not been regularly changed according to the manufacturer's maintenance schedule. You did not mention what kind of vehicle you have, but if it has a transaxle, the differential may have separate drain and refill ports.

Reply to
Ray O

You need to do it several times since there is a large amount of fluid that won't come out with a regular drain and fill. No need to go from P to L.. Just do it 3 times and you should see clean fluid.

Reply to
RT