Check Engine Light, loose gas gap 2001 Avalon how long to reset?

I am aware that a loose gas cap can cause the check engine light to turn on.

From what I have read, once this is corrected it will go off in a while, maybe

a week. Is this based on time or miles driven? We probably do not put more than 20-30 miles a week on the car, so does this mean we should wait a month for it to shut off?

Reply to
bookarefun

Its based on how many drive cycles are completed with the evap monitor running as it should. So in your case, it may take a while, particularly if you are in a cold climate. If you go to the fuse box under the hood and pull the EFI fuse for a minute or so it will clear any codes stored in the system.

Reply to
qslim

Thanks, I will give it a go.

Reply to