Cleaning out the airduct?

Okay, well there is that mildew smell I have smelt while turning on the airconditioner in one of our vehicles. Some have said to clean with a mild solution. Now, excuse my ignorance, but I have no clue where to start. Is this directly where the air filter is?

Teach me!

Reply to
Go Mavs

Who does your oil changes? There's a reason for the question.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

As I pointed out before, you are a silly little f*ck.

Reply to
Go Mavs

What an idiot you are. You assume the smell comes from the air filter. In fact, you may have a clogged condensation drain, and the next symptom will be water dripping on the floor. I asked about the oil change because any decent mechanic will be able to spot the drain tube while he's doing other work, and clear the blockage in about 30 seconds using a piece of wire of a pointed dental tool.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Spray it into the return duct, under the dash, while the HVAC is operating in the Max/recirc mode WBMA

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I can remember my cabin air filter. there's an arrow for the air flow direction. But I think its from the bottom going up. If it really annoys you so much, you can remove your cabin air filter and spray directly in the box.

Reply to
EdV

Wait.. Is the air filter before or after the evaporator? it should be before right? so no particles get into the fins. If you spray on the cabin air filter box the mist will clean the evap, if the cleaner is corrosive it might be dangerous.

Reply to
EdV

Well I bought the stuff from AutoZone and did as said, and it took care of the problem, thus far anyway. If that does not work then I will go to Toyota and ask them what can be done and how to scrub a dub dub.

Reply to
Go Mavs

I had that once in my Scion.

I have never had it happen before in any of my Toys that have had AC.

What I do is, about 2 miles from home I turn off the AC, move the intake to Fresh and put the fan on Medium. I have never had a problem with that mildew smell.

Reply to
Hachiroku