Cleaning the windshield

My guess is that this is an isolated incident since I have not heard of the concern before.

Reply to
Ray O

That's what I thought, and he said they were replaced the wipers several times, with his own $$ I'm assuming. Wonder if Steve has tried any of the other suggestions, and whether they worked...

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

I finally dumped the Toyota OEM blades and replaced them with Trico. The problem appears to be solved. Guess this is a YMMV situation...

Reply to
Steve

Anybody tried the new Rainex blades??

Reply to
doc

The Trico blades on my truck are three years old. They still work perfectly. Every couple of weeks, I fold an alcohol swab over the blade edge and wipe clean.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I don't know if you Toyota loyalists will use Ford blades or not but Ford has used that type of blade quite successfully on several of its models for several years. The mounting point is not compatible with some wiper arms however. The RainX brand is rather pricy in comparison.

Reply to
Mike hunt

No, I haven't tried Glass Scrub.

After years of trying various products to remove the gunk off my '02 Toytoa Sienna windshield, I found something that works (for me anyway :)

It's called No Touch Auto Glass Stripper and is made by Permatex

Item #GS8 or 95208.

I picked it up at WallMart.

Gary

Reply to