Clutch Replacment Time

Recently i've noticed a few things when i'm driving that point to the clutch slipping in my Celica, so i'm going to get it replaced by a transmission place near my home.

Just wondering if anyone know's how long that will take? Even just a rough guess would help as i'm looking at gettin it done tomorrow morning, but I have to be somewhere at 1pm so if it takes like 5hrs then i'll have to get it done sometime else.

Thanks in advance

-Michael-

Reply to
Michael

Plan on leaving the car all day for a clutch replacement.

Reply to
Ray O

Wait till another day. You are expecting a lot if you plan to show up and have it done in 5 hours. Do you have an appointment? I am sure a professional can do the job in less than five hours if everything goes perfectly, but any problem will blow the time. Plus, if they need to surface the flywheel, it might take more than a day, depending on where they have to take it to have the machining done.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I wouldn't count on it getting done that quickly. Odds are good that it _could_ be done, but they are better that there will be delays of one kind or another.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland