Cold start sensor?

Toyota Avensis with 7A FE engine. On cold start up it revs to 1.5K rev/min. It takes a long time to get down to normal idle rev speed, but does eventually. It maintains 1.5k rev/min for far too long. Anyone have any idea what is wrong? Is it a specific sensor that needs replacing? I have tried taking off the connectors to the sensors to see if there was a poor connection. Still the same.

TIA.

Reply to
top gear

Travis Jordan

that was my immediate thought. I was told that it doesn't sense temperature, it just goes into extra fuel on a timing basis after start-up. I'm not sure if that is the case on these injection systems.

Reply to
top gear