cold weather package

How do I tell if my wife's 1993 Tercel has the cold weather package and what does it consist of?Was trying to order an alternator at Autozone.com and the info was requested.

Thanks for any help

Reply to
benick

All Toyotas imported to the continental U.S. and Alaska were equipped with cold packages in 1993.

IIRC, it inclcudes a larger alternator and rear defogger.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks,

Earl

Reply to
benick

You're welcome! When in doubt, order cold weather package parts.

BTW, the original Cold Kit, which was the predecessor to the Cold Weather Package, also included a bigger battery and a larger heater. There were some "gray market" vehicles brought to the continental U.S. from U.S. territories like Puerto Rico and Guam that complied with U.S. regulations but did not include cold kits. People would complain about lack of heat in the winter.

Reply to
Ray O

Just went through this for a 98 RAV4. The cold weather package that year consisted of, at least, a higher output starter. A rebuilt was about $250 at the dealer and about $80 at the local parts store. It turned out to be a bad cell in the battery so I returned the starter. Looked like a very easy change out since the starter sits on top of the transmission housing.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard