Combination of headroom, legroom, and gas mileage

I was looking at purchasing a Toyota Matrix as it has a good combination of decent headroom, average legroom, and fairly good gas mileage.

However, being 6'3" with a long torso and a 33 inch inseam, the Matrix headroom is barely adequate (even without a sunroof) and the legroom is marginal at best.

I might be able to barely fit in a Matrix....but are there any other similar vehicles just slightly larger with good gas mileage? (Toyota or any other manufacturer)

Thanks in advance,

Bud H

Reply to
Bud H

You need to check out the Scion xB. Sitting inside is like driving a bus. I can have a midget on my shoulders and still be comfy, and I'm 5-10. There is a tech at our shop that is 6-6, and he can barely fit in a Corolla, and he physically can't drive an MR2. But he just got an Xb as a commuter car. Go drive one, you'll be suprised. Its a neat car.

Qslim

Subaru Outbacks are quite good. I'm 6'1", my wife is 5'2", and my buddy is 6'6", and all of us fit quite well in the driver's seat. I usually drive with the seat about halfway back on it's rails, at 6'1".

The 6'6" guy liked mine so much he bought his own.

The AWD does deliver a hit on the mileage, expect 22-24 MPG. The car does have as much or more room than my sister-in-law's Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

B a r r y wrote: snip

Lord God!...THAT I gotta see!... :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

One at a time...

Thanks, I needed the laugh!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Oh!... :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

The Echo is tall, so there's plenty of head room. I can't vouch for leg room. The Scion xB is reported to be huge inside.

Reply to
kgold

I don't mind a little luxury and don't paying a little extra. Gas mileage doesn't need to be awesome - some chance of being near 30 mpg on the highway would be nice.

The Scion looks so.....unusual! I wish more sedans had almost as much head and legroom, though.

Bud H

Reply to
Bud H

in article JlY6e.510$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com, Bud H at snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHISameritech.net wrote on 4/12/05 3:55 PM:

Volvo 240's have amazing headroom and very comfortable seats. 30 mpg highway. Built to last. Find a '92 or '93 and you get airbags and ABS.

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen