Compressor?

What would be a good portable air compressor to get, that wouldn't cost a lot, would be good for filling the car tires when they get low, and also for blowing out the sprinkler system in the fall?

Do they have units small enough to fit in the spare tire well for this?

I have a 93 Corolla Wagon.

Reply to
Mama Bear

A 12 volt compressor that runs off the cigarette lighter and fits in the trunk of the car is sufficient to fill tires when they get low, however, they take will take several minutes to fill a tire.

Unfortunately, as 12 volt compressor does not put out enough air volume to blow out a lawn irrigation system. To blow out a lawn irrigation system, you will need a compressor with a capacity of around 12 cubic feet per minute (CFM) at 40 pounds per square inch (PSI). A 2 horsepower or larger compressor should do the trick, but it will be 110 or 220 volts.

Reply to
Ray O

Try Harbor Freight Tool -- for more $$$ Sears. !12v portable won't do a sprinkler - takes awhile to refile a tire..

Reply to
Wolfgang

of the car is sufficient to fill tires when they

blow out a lawn irrigation system. To blow out a lawn

cubic feet per minute (CFM) at 40 pounds per square

will be 110 or 220 volts.

Another option could be the 12 volt compressor for your trunk. And then a portable tank for compressed air. You can buy one complete, or kits (or make one) to use something like a empty refrigerant jug. A 30lb jug works great for inflating a totally flat car tire. Its fast and you can refill it from any source that can fill a tire.

If I think my tire might go flat its the jug, not the 12v compressor I toss in my trunk.

If you use a refrigerant jug the reusable type are nice. The 30 pound are common but if you find a 50 pound jug I bet it would hold enough air to fill two full size car tires. They all have a safety pressure release of some type but I'm sure its well over the 180 lbs or so air compressors can do.

Dan

Reply to
Danny G.