Contests?

Hey, are there any online contests that we can enter for free, where we might win a Prius? :)

Reply to
Moon Goddess

When I take my Corolla to Toyota for an oil change, I sometimes ask - very nicely! - if I may please take a Prius back home w/me instead. They say "Sure, as long as you leave some extra cash, too!"

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

When I can afford one I'll likely get one. Hopefully by then they'll change the rear view to be more open, like my 93 corolla wagon.

Reply to
Moon Goddess

I'd like it to have improved rear visibility out the back window, too, but... I don't know how much they can fool around with the design w/out losing re: aerodynamics.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

This one got me to laughing good. Patience grasshopper. When it is time for you to buy, the Prius will be even better than it is now. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Same outer shape, more windows, less steel? :)

Reply to
Moon Goddess

Well I HOPE that I'll do so well with my new career in the coming year, that I'll be able to get one late next year.

Probably not enough time for them to change that rear view design though, and I'm concerned about that, being I'm in and out of all kinds of residential areas and apartment lots, backing up to get out of places.

Reply to
Moon Goddess

"Cathy F." ...

You get used to it in a hurry. I did. I just don't 'see' it anymore. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

"Moon Goddess" ..

The backup camera helps here too, although I still turn around and look. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

There's a back-up camera.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I heard the back up cam is an option. Probably a costly one?

Reply to
Moon Goddess

Optional, from what the salesman told me.

And why should I have to buy one, just to see behind the car? :)

Reply to
Moon Goddess

back-up camera is now incl. as far down the scale as pkg. 2. There's an e-brochure that doesn't take long at all to download (several seconds w/broadband).

And... a little video blurb:

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

No, auto parking assist like the lexus??

blurb:

EdV

This could be yours if the Price is Right!!

Reply to
EdV

Stability Control???

Reply to
Moon Goddess

Yep. And from what I noticed re: my rather cursory look through, side curtain airbags now standard, starting w/ the base model. Yea! :-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Ok I'll bite, what's it do?

Reply to
Moon Goddess

AFAIK, helps to keep the car stable - IOW, on the right path vs. veering out of control - when it otherwise might not be, in not-so-hot situations.

Googling....

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I can only imagine how it would react if you went screaming off the side of a cliff.

Reply to
Moon Goddess