corolla 2000 seat replacement

Hello, I have a corolla 2000 which is working fine. But, I find that the seats are not as comfortable as some others, and was wondering whether I might get, say, some Camry seats from a scrapyard and replace them. Any body have any experience with this? Perhaps there are other types of seats that would be better. Or, perhaps I can?t replace them at all. Any information would be appreciated G.

Reply to
gouthro

Depends on the mount pojts on the floor. I love the seats in my Celica, my Corolla and my Supra (all mid-late 80's). The seats in my Scion are horrible by comparison, and probably similar to what you have in your Corolla. There are a couple things you can try:

Look at the mount points on the seats/floor, and try to find something that matches. Unfortunately, I couldn't use the seats from either the Corolla or the Celica in the Scion, since the seat rail that mounts to the floor is different. If the Camry seats mount the same way (and they might: between the 80's cars the seats were interchangable) then you can install them. If not...

You'll have to find someone that can make a bracket to adapt the seat to the mount points. I am thinking of doing theis for the Scion, since the real peoblem is the seat needs to be moved further back by about 2 inches. Of course, I'd also like a longer seat cushion, but I can live with that. A good steel shop or racing shop that builds race cars for the local track should be able to come up with something.

You can also try some of the aftermarket sources like Recaro, Pilot, etc. They may have something you can use to mount a different seat. They also make some pretty decent seats, too. You don't have to get the "Boy Racer" seats, they make regular seats that are more comfortable then stock, for a few hundred dollars each.

I'm guessing you're going to go junkyard shopping for your seats or have another source: an OEM seat from Toyota is ~$12-1500!!!

Reply to
hachiroku

thanks Hach.... Yes, I will be looking to scrapyards for some seats. I guess i will have to take some measurements of down below and see what fits. thanks again G

"hachiroku_+O+A+m+/" wrote: > On Tue, 20 May 2008 00:22:07 -0500, gouthro wrote: > > > Hello, > > I have a corolla 2000 which is working fine. But, I find > that the seats > > are not as comfortable as some others, and was wondering > whether I might > > get, say, some Camry seats from a scrapyard and replace > them. Any body > > have any experience with this? Perhaps there are other > types of seats > > that would be better. Or, perhaps I can?t replace them at > all. Any > > information would be appreciated G. > > Depends on the mount pojts on the floor. I love the seats in > my Celica, > my Corolla and my Supra (all mid-late 80's). The seats in my > Scion are > horrible by comparison, and probably similar to what you have > in your > Corolla. There are a couple things you can try: > > Look at the mount points on the seats/floor, and try to find > something > that matches. Unfortunately, I couldn't use the seats from > either the > Corolla or the Celica in the Scion, since the seat rail that > mounts to > the floor is different. If the Camry seats mount the same way > (and they > might: between the 80's cars the seats were interchangable) > then you can > install them. If not... > > You'll have to find someone that can make a bracket to adapt > the seat to > the mount points. I am thinking of doing theis for the Scion, > since the > real peoblem is the seat needs to be moved further back by > about 2 > inches. Of course, I'd also like a longer seat cushion, but I > can live > with that. A good steel shop or racing shop that builds race > cars for the > local track should be able to come up with something. > > You can also try some of the aftermarket sources like Recaro, > Pilot, etc. > They may have something you can use to mount a different seat. > They also > make some pretty decent seats, too. You don't have to get the > "Boy Racer" > seats, they make regular seats that are more comfortable then > stock, for > a few hundred dollars each. > > I'm guessing you're going to go junkyard shopping for your > seats or have > another source: an OEM seat from Toyota is ~$12-1500!!!

Reply to
gouthro