Corolla '94 - Wire heat insulator on engine block

Hello,

I'm not sure what's the name of this part. In the top right side of the Corolla 1994 engine block there are some wires that run inside a flexible accordeon-like heat-protecting "hose." What's the name of this part? I need to replace it in mine.

Thanks,

Richard

Reply to
Rick

Sorry, your descriptions are very vague.

When you say "top right," do you mean from the perspective of standing in front of the vehicle, facing the rear of the vehicle?

Also, you said "in the top right side of the ...engine block," but there are no wires in the engine block. Did you mean on the engine or in the engine compartment?

My recommendation is to take the car to wherever you intend to purchase the part and show it to someone there so they know what you are trying to describe.

Reply to
Ray O

Even guys at autozone might be able to figure out that one. Some of them can actually name some of the parts in an engine.:)

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

It's probably called "wire looming", and if it's slit lenghtwise it may be "split wire looming". I've seen this at auto parts stores, Radio Shack, Home Depot, hardware stores, and electronics supplies.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Man, that's harsh!

In our local AZ, even the GIRLS know more than I do!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Your particular Auto Zone store must be a sheltered workshop for mentally challenged folks. My Auto Zone clerks, on the other hand, have continually amazed me by their advanced knowledge of things automotive, as if they should be ASE certified mechanics! (And once, when I needed a special tool, which they didn't have to lend, the clerk asked me to buy it, save the blister pack, restaple it when finished with my work, and return it for a refund!....all highly unauthorized.)

Reply to
mack

Jealous?

Reply to
Truckdude

The part I'm referring to is located outside the engine, at its left side (standing in front of the vehicle = passenger side in the US) and at the top of the engine block. It seems to be plastic, like an accordeon-type flexible tube or hose, inside which there there are some wires. This flexible tube serves as a protector to the wires from the engine heat (i really think they should have made it of asbestos or some better material to endure high temperatures). I need to replace mine b/c it's cracked.

If you know the name of this part or where to find it or find a better replacement, please let me know. I greatly appreciate your help.

Richard

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
Rick

I believe that the insulator comes with the wire harness and is not available from Toyota separately. My recommendation is to get a generic part at an auto parts store or Radio Shack and secure over the old one with plastic zip ties. In this application, an aftermarket one will be as effective as OEM for a lot less money.

Reply to
Ray O