Corolla ignition

How do i test the ignitor in a 1988 Toyota 4AF carbureted engine?

Reply to
TJ

Sorry, I forget the specific procedure, but you will need a multi-meter. Best bet is to refer to a repair manual.

Reply to
Ray O

I have a digital multimeter so if you know whatever resistances or voltages needed to check it. Just wondering if you know are the igniters in the 4AFE (fuel-injected engines) interchangeable with the 4AF (carbureted) engines? I'm guessing probably not but don't know for sure.

Thanks

Reply to
TJ

If you do not have access to a Chilton or factory repair manual, you can check the readings on another igniter and compare. Even if the igniters are not interchangeable, they resistances will be in the same range.

Reply to
Ray O