Corolla price

Hi,

I'm about to get new 2006 Corolla LE, automatic, with ABS and side airbags for ~$15,700...this is before destination charge and taxes. I'm buying it through online broker (carsdirect.com). Is it a reasonable price? I'm in Northern California.

Thanks, Boris

Reply to
Boris

compare with

true market value (TMV)

I'm in Maryland and that's more than they charge around here. Have you cross-shopped the new Honda Civic?

Reply to
dimndsonmywndshld

Or the *much* better than either Mazda3?

Reply to
FanJet

I'm buying this car for smbdy who never drives on freeway. So sportiness, for example, isn't a concern. The main requirements are: reliability, safety, reasonable gas milage, good resale value. Civic seems a better car, but it's considerably more expensive (than Corolla) on carsdirect.com.

Boris

Reply to
Boris

Corolla and Civic easily beat Mazda3 in gas mileage and resale value. Mazda3 gets gas mileage that's no better than a Camry.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

In the East, year old Mazda's sell for almost new prices. That's better than Corollas or Civics which are a dime a dozen (always wondered why so many people are always getting rid of them). As to MPG, you're right but then, the Mazda is far more powerful than either. As Prius owners have learned, there's nor free lunch. Since the OP listed safety before MPG, he/she might be interested in a car with reasonably quick reflexes which is actually an important safety feature.

Reply to
FanJet

I paid $15,700 + destination & tax for an LE, auto, ABC, side air, audio upgrade and alloy wheel

this is >Hi,

Reply to
corolla05le