Corolla rear spring

Hi,

Just bought a 15 yr old corolla AE101. When there is 3 rear passenger knocking noise appears when doing a left turn. It seems that the right rear wheel hits the mud guard during turning Normaly how often does the rear spring last? It seems that corolla rear spring seems to be very soft. I felt another AE111 also has soft spring when the shock absorber was replaced at the 3rd yr, the absorber could last only 2 yrs (5yr).

Thanks

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I believe that the AE 101 has a strut type rear suspension, and it is possible that one or both of the rear struts are worn or leaking. Springs normally last the life of a vehicle unless the vehicle is often loaded to capacity or over-loaded.

Reply to
Ray O