Corolla's fuel injectors

Hello!

Is there a do-it-yourself way to clean the fuel injectors in a Corolla? How can it be done?

Thank you in advance,

Richard

Reply to
Rick

Get some Toyota brand fuel injector cleaner from your local Toyota dealer or Chevron Techron from your local parts store and follow the directions on the bottle. Basically, you add it to a half tank of gas and use it up within a week.

Reply to
Ray O

My mechanic recommends a gasoline additive called Techron, added once or twice a year. He doesn't sell it, so I figure he's being honest with this opinion. Auto supply places carry it. I haven't noticed a difference after using it, but I also did not notice a problem BEFORE using it. Draw whatever conclusion are convenient, based on my shoddy research.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

We have already learned to do that.

You left yourself wide open there, Joe!

Reply to
badgolferman

YUP - Chevron Techron available at Target and Advance Auto. Add it to tank of gas. Works great on my Yotas.

Reply to
Wolfgang