Corona

I have only owned one Toyota. It was a 1973 Corona Wagon. It first belonged to my mother-in-law, then to my future wife. She sold it to a family friend and when I needed a car quick and cheap she sold it to me for what she'd paid for it.

Plugs, new Dist. Cap and a Thermostat later it ran like a sewing machine, albeit with poor winter heating, no AC and a passenger front window that liked to fall out of its tracks. It did that during an impromptu trip to Atlanta during late Fall - with temperatures around 40°, making my wife quite sick (being young back in those days I was nearly impervious to wild temperature swings!)

Later, after buying a nearly new Chevy Corsica (bad, bad car) I kept the Toy around so I could drive it to work (I was far less concerned about kids vandalizing a $300 car than an $8000 one!) but it finally came time to dispense with it. Once again, it was sold for $300, which the Corsica immediately sucked down with a burned out ignition module the warranty people at Chevy refused to pay for.

I wonder if that car is still running somewhere. It had 250K miles on it when we parted company.

Reply to
snackerpoo

And your point is?

Natalie, fwapping NB for another ghost post

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

| > Plugs, new Dist. Cap and a Thermostat later it ran like a sewing machine, | > albeit with poor winter heating, no AC and a passenger front window that | > liked to fall out of its tracks. It did that during an impromptu trip to | > Atlanta during late Fall - with temperatures around 40°, making my wife | > quite sick (being young back in those days I was nearly impervious to wild | > temperature swings!) | >

| > Later, after buying a nearly new Chevy Corsica (bad, bad car) I kept the | > Toy | > around so I could drive it to work (I was far less concerned about kids | > vandalizing a $300 car than an $8000 one!) but it finally came time to | > dispense with it. Once again, it was sold for $300, which the Corsica | > immediately sucked down with a burned out ignition module the warranty | > people at Chevy refused to pay for. | >

| > I wonder if that car is still running somewhere. It had 250K miles on it | > when we parted company. | >

| And your point is? | | Natalie, fwapping NB for another ghost post | |

Who?

Reply to
Nelson Binch

We had a '72 sedan, bench seat and a column shifter. They say it was rare, but almost ALL the '72's I have seen were configured this way. It was the family's first Toyota, my Mom's, and the first car I ever drove. at

120,000 in 1980 they traded it for a Mercury Zephyr (I KNOW, I KNOW, you don't have to tell ME!)

It replaced a '64 Nova with about 300,000 miles on it. The Nova was as strong and solid as ever, they just wanted a newer car and the thing was $2500 brand new.

It's been downhill for me ever since. I was hooked. When it was my time to buy a car (at 17) I looked at a Celica that turned out had a cracked frame (boy, did I want THAT car) but wound up with a '74 Corolla 1200, brand new, $2525. After that I had a Volvo 1800ES, then went back to Toyotas. Had a brief bout with a VW I bought for my 1st wife, brand new 1985 Jetta, and traded it as soon as the warranty was up for a new Corolla. After that we bought a Honda Accord, also an outstanding car, but for me it's Toyotas from now on, unless someone *gives* me an LHS or a Grand Voyager...

Reply to
HachiRoku

*fwappity fwap*

Natalie