("Courtesy" Collision of Orlando, FL

STAY THE HELL AWAY from "COURTESY COLLISION PRO" IN ORLANDO, ON EAST COLONIAL DRIVE (Hwy 50):

As some of you may know, my son was rear-ended back in early June by a mook on a cell phone, so of course the other guy's insurance had to pony up the repair costs. We took the car to "Courtesy Collision Pro"(CCP) on East Colonial in Orlando. We kept getting 'next week' answers when we called to find out what was going on with the car. My husband was due at his new base, so we had to drive up in our new Scion Xa and that POS Ford Focus given to us by the rental company. The kids and I went back to Florida on the 15th, and returned to North Carolina today. Those twerps at CCP first received the car on *June 10*, and when we picked it up last week, it was *still* a mess! See below:

Rather than having to cart the kids all around the area, I told those twits at Courtesy Collision Pro to just leave the car outside their gates (They closed at 5, and we didn't arrive until about 7:30).The car was there, repairs looked fine, but since it had been sitting there for over a month, the battery was dead! Now, they must have had to jump the thing to get it outside the gate, so a nice note warning us about the dead battery would have been the 'courteous' thing to do. I told Craig to leave it running as much as possible, and if it still gives us trouble, we'll just take it someplace to be charged all day. (We ended up getting a new battery, just for the peace of mind) Fortunately, since my mom is away on a cruise, her (Formerly our) Corolla was there, which I could at least drive around town, even with the faulty brakes (I never drove it past 50 MPH when the brakes went). This was just another slice of the shit pie that is Courtesy Collision Pro. I turned in that craptacular rental Ford Focus Saturday morning, so at least some of my dignity has been restored. Yet another footnote to my shit list for Courtesy Collision Pro: I went to gas the car up, and when I withdrew the hose and tried to close the valve, the valve detached, and fell into the rear quarter panel! Craig knew about this from the day we picked it up, but didn't tell me, for fear of not being allowed to drive it this past weekend. The passenger tail light was dead too, but I didn't blame them for that, and "Jorge" replaced it, and fixed the valve right on the spot. I am *so* gonna write some scathing letters when we're settled into the house! Shit happens, but there's no excuse for their lousy service. To add to the fun, we noticed that the air conditioning kept cutting out. If we turned it off for a few minutes, then turned it back on, it was fine, however. Craig noticed water dropping from underneath the dash, so we'll take it to a shop to see what's messed up; probably yet another screw-up by CCP.

Again I say...

STAY AWAY from "Courtesy ('courtesy' - that's a laugh) Collision Pro" in Orlando!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Sounds like some dumbass in the shop left something on in your car, and ran the battery down..... a battery running down in just 30 days sounds WAAAAY too fast, unless there's something drawing that power, or that battery is goin' bad...

Almost certainly for the best...

Um., what're the brakes doing?

Ugh.

-LMB

Reply to
Louis M. Brown

Oh for crying out loud! To top that off, the 'courtesy' tail light change was messed up, since the damned thing is *still* out! GRRRR

Yup

The rear brakes died; I told my mom she needs to replace it ASAP, but she's dragging her feet. Nothing I can do about it, since it's now her car, but she's away for a week on a cruise. That would have been the perfect time to get it fixed. Oh well.

Wonderful, isn't it?

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Like leaving the doors open with the dome light on. All the shops we deal with remove the fuse; it means resetting the radio and the clock, but better than a dead-as-a-doorknob battery! Course' half the time they forget to replace the fuse!!!

Reply to
hachiroku

I think she needs to sell this car as soon as possible. You have my e-mail addy...

Reply to
hachiroku

Oh good gawd. No wonder! GRRRRR

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Well, if you're going to dream Hachi, dream big

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Yup, because clearly, making sure the door is fully closed before you leave the vehicle for the night is just too hard for most body shop mechanics.

But there's also the possibility of asshats (ab)using her car in other ways, like they did with my dad's '69 Firebird some years back... he'd had the front end alignment done....when he got the car back later that day, he noticed it smelled an awful lot like fried chicken... guess what he finds shoved under the passenger seat?

Needless to say, he pitched a bitch at the guys who ran that alignment shop (they're outta business now, gee, I wonder why? ) and they were totally unapologetic, just acted like nothing happened..

-LMB

Reply to
Louis M. Brown

Damn, If I'm going to dream BIG, I'm dreaming the new Lexus version of the Supra! Or maybe a Ford GT...

Reply to
hachiroku

Seek help

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Oh, man - they are SO gonna get it from me!

WOW!

That's the response I got from DIS-Courteous Collision Pro

I'm taking my rant all the way to the top of the corporation. I wasn't 'scorned' but I'm certainly furious

Natalie, putting that rant mode back on standby

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You're right. The 'Supra' will be abour $70,000, and if you can FIND a GT, they are $128,000; a bargain for what is based on a REAL LeMans racer!

Reply to
hachiroku

No, dreaming big would be the Lexus LX. (LandCruiser with Leather.)

Or a full-spec Hummer H-1 wagon with CTIS and the full up-armor kit. Feel free to flip the carjackers the bird as you drive away...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Isn't the Lexus version of the Supra the SC300/430?

You could get 3 SC 400's for the price of a Ford GT, but then again, the Ford GT is a LOT faster!

The Humvee with the armor kit does have appeal. The gobs of torque make up for the relatively limited top speed. Toyota did make a very similar vehicle for the Japanese military. Even more ground clearance than the Land Cruiser/LX 470 and a geared offset hub like the Humvee.

Reply to
Ray O

In a manner of speaking, if you don't mind that there's no manual tranny*, no limited-slip diff, smaller brakes, lesser engine, higher weight, etc, etc... 8)

*except, rarely, in the first few years of the SC300.
Reply to
dizzy

This is a dilema...obviously, I am NOT a Liberal, but I HATE SUVs! A real dream for me would be a McLaren F1! But, let's trow in that full-armour kit, just for good measure...

Reply to
hachiroku

Perhaps it WILL be, but in the past, the SC's were based on the Home-Market "Soarer".

i hadn't though of that!

Right after I bought the Supra, an SC400 came up, the older one, the design I always liked, but then again, it was 4 years newer than the Supra and TEN TIMES more in price.

Since the Supra is ALMOST rust-free, I think I got a good deal. I can deal with anything but rust...

Reply to
hachiroku

Now see, that's one of the reasons I don't want a high-profile vehicle. Too much other shit to worry about, such as carjacking. I drive around in my

5-year-old Echo, knowing that nobody would ever try to steal that thing!

Hubby wants to get a luxury car once the kids leave (Damned if we'll pay the overhead on 2 teens with access to a luxury car!), but I still have doubts about it.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

OK, that's it - drop trou, and I'll get a ruler...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Natalie