Cruise control

Yep, I forgot to mention that part.. If you stop at a light, you have to start from scratch again.. No resume..

Reply to
nm5k

Yep, I forgot to mention that part.. If you stop at a light, ========== Or a stop sign, or for a person turning left with traffic coming in the other direction; or slow down to virtually nothing because of cars in front of you turning right... Just not worth trying to use it, IMO.

Cathy ============== you have to start from scratch again.. No resume..

Reply to
Cathy F.

Mine does.. "05 Corolla". ============== I *think*, IIRC, even my '98 Corolla had the resume feature.

Cathy ==================== It uses the "stalk" type control. Which I actually much prefer vs the usual U.S. style of placing buttons on the steering wheel. With mine, if it's been set, and then disabled, you can resume by flicking the lever up. IE: it's down to set, pull in to disable, pull up to resume. And if it's on, bumping up or down will reset the speed by about 2 mph a bump.. Also, mine seems to pretty much set to work at 25 mph or so, as Ray says. I can cruise at 30 mph, but I can't cruise through a 20 mph speed zone. I wish it would, cuz some I go through are very long..

Reply to
Cathy F.

Mine will do that, and it's from the sudden throttle kick from the Cruise, rather than the tranny thinking it should down shift. It drives me nuts on steeper hills.. But.. There is a simple workaround.. Just manually goose the throttle so the cruise doesn't have to do it when it starts slowing down. If I come up on a hill, I'll slowly ramp my foot into it, and maybe bump up a mph or two just to make sure I'm overriding the CC. If you do that, it won't downshift unless it actually is so steep the tranny requires it. Most normal steep grades aren't that bad. I use the cruise all the time. City and highway. It doesn't distract me at all, because it was planned well. I find the Toyota CC to be much more user friendly than the ones that have buttons on the steering wheel. Those *are* a PIA to me.. But not the stalk type that the Corolla uses.. I drove a 07 Taurus rent a car a couple of years ago, and it's cruise was a PIA at night.. Goofy buttons or paddles I usually can't find half the time.. With the Yota, everything is in one place. They should make em all like that.

Reply to
nm5k

Because you need the exercise. ;)

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

They all resume, the Toyotas just do not have a memory when it drops below the threshold speed. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Mine will do that, and it's from the sudden throttle kick from the Cruise, rather than the tranny thinking it should down shift. It drives me nuts on steeper hills.. But.. There is a simple workaround.. Just manually goose the throttle so the cruise doesn't have to do it when it starts slowing down. If I come up on a hill, I'll slowly ramp my foot into it, and maybe bump up a mph or two just to make sure I'm overriding the CC. If you do that, it won't downshift unless it actually is so steep the tranny requires it. Most normal steep grades aren't that bad. I use the cruise all the time. City and highway. It doesn't distract me at all, because it was planned well. I find the Toyota CC to be much more user friendly than the ones that have buttons on the steering wheel. Those *are* a PIA to me.. But not the stalk type that the Corolla uses.. I drove a 07 Taurus rent a car a couple of years ago, and it's cruise was a PIA at night.. Goofy buttons or paddles I usually can't find half the time.. With the Yota, everything is in one place. They should make em all like that. ============================= And Toyota has had the same fine stalk for as long as I can remember. It had it in my 86 Nova(Corolla).

I will also 'help' the CC as it approaches a hill as you describe above. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Hmmm.. thought it did; as when stopped at a tollbooth, then hit resume?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

If the vehicle speed drops below 25 MPH, like when you stop at a toll booth, the resume feature will not work on a Toyota factory cruise control.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks. My memory... where'd I last put it??

Cahty

Reply to
Cathy F.

A collision.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Mine does, 2006 Corolla. I can stop and then accelerate to about 35 and hit resume and it will take me back to my cruising speed.

Jack j

Reply to
Retired VIP

My 2006 Corolla's resume works after you stop. If I'm not mistaken, cruise control was a standard item included in the base price of the car. It was listed on the factory window price sticker. I'm almost positive that it is a factory installed cruise control. That said, I don't know if my car was built in the USofA or somewhere else.

Jack j

Reply to
Retired VIP

Cruise control actually burns MORE fuel > I have a 1999 Toyota Camry

4X LE that has been under regular

Cruise control actually burns more fuel than normal (on the highway) if you use it going down hill.

Luckily, pretty much all of Kansas is flat.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

F..king canadians are the worst drivers in Florida. Usually every 'bad driver' rule has an exception. This one does not...!

Seems to me, about half of the bad drivers here look like Mexicans.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

If the cruise control is a factory installed, Toyota must have changed how the resume feature works.

Reply to
Ray O

True, although I thought that the reason for cancelling the memory below 25 MPH was for safety reasons.

Reply to
Ray O

m...

If the first character of your VIN is a J, it is built in Japan; if it is a 1, 4 or 5, it's built in the US. If is 2 it is built in Canada.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

But, Toto, we're NOT in Kansas anymore.

Reply to
Sharx35

That would make for interesting dinner conversation!

Reply to
Ray O