Daytime Runnig LIghts.

Agreed, but the ODDS are, that MORE drivers will see an ILLUMINATED vehicle than one with NO lights on. No perfect answer, though.

.
Reply to
Sharx35

Motorcycle DRL have the OPTION of running either High or Low beam at full intensity only. You might stop to consider that ... most motorcycle FATALITIES are due to the dimwitted car driver make a LEFT TURN ACROSS the path of the oncoming motorcyclist. So putting more visibility on the sides and rear of the motorcycle speaks to a deficiency in your vision.

-Philip

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

YOU are NOT the one to teach anybody about logic. Frankly, Werner Von Braun (father of The Bomb) stated "Logic is a thought process the leads to wrong conclusions with confidence."

Now where's the 'logic' in these closing sentences? Expressed by Sharx is only a juvenile, knee jerk, emotion. You remind me of those pedantic Christians who say "God said it, I believe it, and that settles it." Whooey.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

Philip-Philip,

Nice to see you back. I guess you are the old Philip, judging from your sarcastic response.

Anyway, whether motorcycle fatalities are primarily a result of someone turning in front of them or other reasons is not what I was inferring. Motorcycles have more than enough lighting on the front. I have been with people in the car where they haven't noticed motorcycles in adjacent lanes or misjudged their spacing because they are used to larger vehicles. Better lighting systems (I am not an engineer) on the side and back will help make these smaller vehicles noticeable to the drivers who have their head up their ass or a cell phone growing out of their ear.

Reply to
badgolferman

Not the one I hit, nearly cut him in half ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

There are reams of evidence that clearly shows that SRS and seat bets will save many more lives in frontal collisions than if one is not belted. One of my tasks as a design engineer was to develop safer vehicles for properly belted passengers, I know the benefits far outweigh and risks from being belted. I will not move my vehicle unless every one is belted. I also know enough to never ride in a small FWD vehicle to save a relative few dollars on fuel.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Something I found invaluable on my motorcycle was a air horn, they thought it was a 18 wheeler coming.

Reply to
"Dbu''

That's your opinion. The Hurt Report says otherwise.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

Being a retired OTR (18wheeler driver), I ASSURE you there is NOTHING you can put on your 2 wheeler that equals a semi truck's air horn for decibels nor tone.

Reply to
Philip

Are you also including never riding in RWD Crown Victorias? You know how those things catch fire when rear ended. ;^)

Reply to
Philip

How about a 140 db train horn. Seriously you are probably right, but mine had a motor which drove a small air compressor. It was very loud.

Reply to
"Dbu''

You just do NOT get it. FOr THEM, that DOES settle it. Admit it, that is THEIR belief and YOU are not going to change it, so MOVE ON.

Reply to
Sharx35

IT's precisely THAT attitude that kills people on the road. Have you ever heard about DEFENSIVE driving? Hell, if I was operating a smaller vehicle, such as a motorcycle, I would ASSUME the butthead wsas GOING to turn left in front of me and adjust my speed according, leaving myself options on what I could safely do, should he make the illegal turn.

Reply to
Sharx35

The Hurt Report is generally discredited.

Reply to
Sharx35

Your ass probably catches fire when you get rear ended without previously applying lubricant.

Reply to
Sharx35

Yeah yeah .... I've installed a few of those FIAMM pneumatic horns. They would work a LOT better if they were lower toned and had an air ballast tank with 110 psi ready.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

As usual, you can't string a coherant thought on paper. You said "I don't give a flying f...." so you were speaking of your own beliefs. Own your beliefs rather than hiding your embarrassement for being recognized..

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

Until you look it up and see how often the most comprehensive investigation on motorcycle safety ever done is sourced, you are speaking out your ass .... again. You're worse than Mike Hunt regarding Fords.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

You don't ride a motorcycle so as usual, your ass is speaking. It's like the single person who articulates what he/she KNOWS how they would correct somebody else's misbehaving children.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

I got a picture of a round fog horn tank that is about ten feet in diameter.

Reply to
"Dbu''