Daytime Runnig LIghts.

snip

Because Gordie ... DRLs are NOT visible to those "around the corner." LOL

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

Where are you going to put a five gallon ballast tank and a compressor capable of maintaining 120 psi on a motorcycle?

Idiot.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

snip

Coming from you, that only affirms the correctness of my statement.

Reply to
Philip

Re: Daytime Runnig LIghts.

Group: alt.autos.toyota Date: Sun, Sep 18, 2005, 7:58pm From: snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com (Mike Hunter) I knwo what you mean, I always added extra lighting to my bikes, front and back. I rode motorcycles from right after the war until I was 73. I stopped riding in 1999 after I ran into 4 deer on the road. I hit one of them and one hit me. Promised my wife after 8 days in the ICU I would not ride again. mike hunt

------------------------

Are there 2 Mike Hunts on this DB? If not you must have taken the hypocritical oath. In one breath you say 'I wouldn't drive a small FWD car to save a relative few dollars on gas'. And in another you talk about riding MC's till you're 73. Make up my mind. Are you for saftey at all costs or not?

CP

To MikeHunt, small front wheel drive cars are more dangerous than motorcycles because they don't have enough power to get out of harm's way.

Reply to
Philip

Yes, I guess I need to clarify my statements for those with a tenuous grasp on intelligence here...sorry sonny...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

CP...it's possible that your error >It was a simple job, just place a dummy fuse in the

Then you made another error when someone could have gotten a reinforcing clue later in the sentence...anyway...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

As far as I know, DRLs are operated by a module that is plugged into the lighting system.

Having said that, I can make any car have the headlights on in daytime, and it's free.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I've managed to make it 30+ years with out DRLs, I suspect the chlorination of the gene pool will take longer than you expect.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

If anybody needs to know how to enable/disable DRL in a 04 Sienna let me know here and I will give you specific instructions. I don't know how it's done in any other vehicle.

Reply to
"Dbu''

You've never been known for precise communication.

Reply to
Philip

I coulda sworn "Philip" typ'd:

Precisely.

Watching the tires for what is HAPPENING . . . .

-vs-

Watching the driver with the way his eyes are fluttering and his head bobbing and hoping to interpret what MIGHT happen . . . .

The choice is an easy one for someone with half a brain.

What planet IS that???

-D

Reply to
Don Fearn

Don't know what planet you're on? LOL

I've learned to watch the cars and secondarily the driver's movements.

Reply to
Philip

When I drive a car I don't turn my wheels until the moment I make a turn. That is for safety in case you get rear ended you won't be driven into the oncoming lane. When riding M/C the wheel position of the oncoming or left turners tires was only secondary information. Keep an eye on the driver. If you are an experienced M/C operator you will be alert and not be sleeping, watch for that movement into your lane and have a escape plan and don't be speeding in a congested area.....However, my close calls came in lightly traveled back city streets, people go slack and relaxed so they miss you coming. Remember you don't have a chance against a car or truck. You do 40 Mph and you hit something then you, the body is propelled at 40 Mph into what ever is there to stop you and it ain't gonna be pretty.

Reply to
"Dbu''

Remember the car don't move with out the driver. Keep your eye on the driver, if you can see him/her. The darkened glass of todays cars you can't see anything. I don't ride M/C anymore. Too dangerous in the city. Too dangerous for car drivers what with all those yaking on cell phones and completely oblivious of what's going on around them let alone a M/C driver coming. Good luck.

Reply to
"Dbu''

Not YET!

Reply to
Sharx35

My friend Ahnold will get you for that!!

Reply to
Sharx35

"\"Dbu''" wrote: snip

Yep...I really agree about those cellphones...I never use mine while I'm driving, takes only a few minutes to stop...I won't let my wife use hers while she's driving either. My son's a smart guy (I thought) till I told him that I wished that he'd stop to use one and he said, "Ok dad, I'll get a 'hands free' setup then".

There followed a long discourse about 'Attention' and 'Concentration' and which is more important, number of 'hands on the wheel' or number of brain cells directing those (or that) hand.

I -Tthink- I won but you never know... :) (I sure know that I was RIGHT!... :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Frankly, it's better to have headlights on all the time that the vehicle is in motion rather than the stupid DRL setup on my 99 Camry (Canada). Nonetheless, if I forget to manually turn my headlights on, overriding the Twilight Sensor, the auto DRL's at least partially make up for it.

Reply to
Sharx35

Some people have unprotected sex all their lives and never get an STD (STI). Some people drive drunk and never get caught. Some people......

Reply to
Sharx35

Hummmmmmm.....

Reply to