Daytime Runnig LIghts.

Jeff, are you saying that you don't believe in the law of averages?...I thought that you were sharper sir...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Jeff and Philip are egotistical legends in their own minds who think that they are above the mere laws of physics.

Reply to
Sharx35

Actually, cars DO move without the driver being in control or sufficiently aware. Case in point are the very drivers on cellphones that you mentioned.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

Well Gordie, if your son has more of your wife's genes and less of yours, I'm confident he can do drive and yak. ;^)

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

Gordie is visiualizing amber aircraft landing lights mounted at right angles.

Reply to
Philip

Last time I met Schwartzenegger was in 2001 at The Rock Store on Mulholland early on a Saturday morning. He and his little entourage and one HUGE body guard were riding cruiser Harleys.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

Did I say something wrong? Will the fed choppers be circling my house with illumination and bullhorns commanding me to come out with my hands up or else?

It's just a jumper and it's a widely known how to.

Reply to
"Dbu''

The nice feature about the Toyota Sienna is when I forget to turn off my headlights they will automatically shutoff 60 seconds after engine off.

Reply to
"Dbu''

What were the other times? How many times have you met Arnold??

Reply to
"Dbu''

My daughter's Tacoma turns the lights off when the door is opened. She leaves the light switch set ON, and the lights come on when she starts the motor, and they go off when she kills the motor and opens the door.

That's how lights are supposed to work. The 60 second thing is nice too ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Three times total between 1999 and 2001. He's actually smaller statured than cameras make him out to be. Just another square jawed European with too much dental reconstruction. But he does have a voice and accent that carry.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

Did you guys ever arm wrestle? If so who won?

Reply to
"Dbu''

It gives me time to get into the house with lights on.

Reply to
"Dbu''

OR, we look out the front window at the world around us, and when we realize that there is a chance that somebody is not paying attention, we try to prepare ourselves so we do not become a target for stupidity.

It's worked pretty well for 30+ years.

If I had a car with DTRs, I wouldn't try to disable them, and since I own cars that haven't got DTRs, then I turn the headlights on in daytime. Frankly, I don't get the strategy behind DTRs, I gotta think that simply switching the headlamps on any time motor is running would be as good or better.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

"Philip" wrote: snip of reams of crap

For Christs sake the whole mess here was just an exercise in logic anyway...what a waste of time you are...bye...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

No no Dbu...you made an error a long time ago and I corrected you...then you missed my correction (or misconstrued it) and and...ah...forget it!... :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

I gotta agree with you, I too think headlights on with the engine would be much better...I suspect that the 'powers that be' may have thought that DRL's would likely be better accepted than 'everything on', and we'd end up with -some- safety at least.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Yes, my son has one of those Siennas and he agrees that headlights are better than DRLs, so he just leaves his headlight switch on all the time...bit brave of him but it's never failed him yet...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

The DTR module costs $350, the relay that turns the lights on with the ignition costs about $5. I'll let you do the math ...

HINT It's a numbers game. Bigger numbers always win.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Jeff,

The acronym is DRL, not DTR. Say it to yourself five times... "DRL" "DRL" "DRL" "DRL" "DRL" to help you remember ;-)

Reply to
Ray O