Dealer cheaper than JiffyLube!?!

Holy smokes!

For an oil change and tire rotation, i.e. 5000/10000 Prius service, the local Toyota dealer charges less than Jiffy Lube!

Ray O was right.

Reply to
Bill Tuthill

Not only that, the dealer is likely to do the oil change properly (though the dealer closest to me often uses the wrong oil for Toyota oil changes).

Don't take any vehicle you care about to one of those quick-lube places. "

"

Reply to
SMS

I have had some very very bad experiences with our local Jiffy Lube. And even though they have changed hands multiple times some bad apples have made their way into the next barrel. I also have had mucho problems with a nation chain tire store the next town over. They messed my daughter over not realizing the car was registered in my name. I show up after being gone on vacation for two weeks and I read them the riot act. She gets it back fixed right, a refund on the things I specified, and an apology. None of us have been back since. I used to use MIDAS but I don't understand why at the time exhaust material just didn't last long. I'd lose a day from work and pay labor cost.

mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

15 years of zero out-of-pocket expenses for vehicle maintenance and repair for me and my wife has turned me into a tightwad now that I have to pay to maintain and repair our cars.

I found a hole in the lens over the radar antenna - you can see the something spinning merrily away through the hole. I suspect that the lens won't be available as a separate part, and I doubt if there are any aftermarket radar lenses available. I hope a piece of Lexan and some Household goop will seal the housing because ol' tightwad sure doesn't want to pay to have it fixed!

Reply to
Ray O

How long did it take for you to find out about this? Dealers have been doing fast & cheap oil changes for at least 10 years around here, in response to the competition. Lots of independent mechanics do it, too, especially if you can be there when they open.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I've had an Isuzu Trooper for the last 14 years, and as you perhaps know, there are no longer many Isuzu dealers anywhere.

Before that, I had several bad experiences with the local Toyota dealer. They were a bit better than the local Honda dealer, but both were awful. When I first bought the Trooper, it was serviced by a Chevy/Isuzu dealer, and that was a breath of fresh air!

Reply to
Bill Tuthill

Go ahead...give him a swelled head!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I wouldn't count on it...they had me doing changes/rotations on customer cars on Saturdays!

Funny...I've changed the oil on one Corolla I've had 83 times!!! But I was still nervous as hell doing a change on someone else's car!

Reply to
Hachiroku